There is a vibrant New York sober living community at Transcend waiting to support you on your road to recovery.
New York Sober Living Home
Welcome to our Brownstone House! This is Transcend’s New York sober living home for men – located on a beautiful street in the Upper West Side, just blocks from Central Park and several other cultural landmarks and museums. Unlike other New York sober living houses, we provide a thorough and structured recovery program in addition to several high-end amenities to make sure that the road to sobriety is both effective and fun. Our house maintains a 24/7 awake staff at all times in order to ensure that clients have access to support, guidance, and friendship whenever they may need it. Transcend also provides each client with chaperoned transportation to all recovery related activities, medical and therapy appointments, and IOP visits. As with our houses in Los Angeles and Houston, our New York sober living house also features an in-house private chef that cooks healthy and nutritious meals every weekday. Additionally, the kitchen and pantries are fully stocked at all times for the clients’ enjoyment. To ensure a fit and healthy lifestyle in recovery, each client receives a membership to a local, upscale gym on the Upper West Side.
Our recovery program is built on the Transcend principles of: Accountability, Spirituality, and Community. Our staff works with each client to help them create and maintain a productive daily schedule, ensuring that each client takes an active role in their own recovery. In-house experiential sessions are conducted twice a week and can range from yoga, to mindfulness techniques, book study, etc. Paid apprenticeships are also available in our New York sober living home to help clients develop vocational skills and professional experience. We also conduct random drug tests twice a week and send all samples to a lab for a complete and thorough analysis that monitors for over 50 different substances.
Another major component of our New Year sober living house is our commitment to working with the entire family unit. Transcend’s New York Program Directors maintain weekly communications with families and treatment teams to keep everyone active, updated, and involved in the recovery process. We also have a dedicated Family Director to help provide new language and support for the whole family.
New York Sober Living Amenities
- Located blocks from Central Park, the Museum of Natural History, and other cultural landmarks.
- Chaperoned transportation to appointments, work, school, IOP, and meetings.
- Chef-prepared meals every weekday, along with a fully stocked kitchen and pantry.
- Membership to local, upscale gym for every client.
- Restaurants, shopping, and job opportunities within walking distance.
- Wireless internet, full cable and flat screen televisions.
- 24/7 awake staff, with a client to staff ratio of 3:1.
- Twice weekly drug-testing with lab confirmations.
- Two experiential classes per week, ranging from mindfulness meditation, to acupuncture, yoga, etc.
- Dedicated Family Director with a family workshop every other month.
- Weekly goal setting and follow-up to promote accountability.
- Goal driven level system that promotes fellowship and personal growth.
- Weekly communications with client’s family and treatment teams.
- Safe and beautiful location in an excellent neighborhood.