Imagine making new friends and living with purpose in the exciting, beautiful and peaceful Houston Heights neighborhood in Texas. Transcend has a vibrant Houston sober living community waiting to support you!
Welcome to Transcend Texas! We have a beautiful and comfortable facility for men in Houston Heights, one of the most gorgeous neighborhoods in Houston, TX. A Transcend house is unlike other sober houses. Our houses are part of a true recovery community, and we provide distinctive services that other facilities do not. Most sober livings only provide a live-in manager, yet we have found it to be of extreme importance to have multiple staff members available to our clients at all times. We have three full shifts of qualified staff with an awake overnight shift to continually help monitor and motivate our clients in their recovery.
Each client at our Houston sober living house receives full transportation to all recovery related activities. We also provide food and snacks, with weekday dinners prepared by an in-house chef. In keeping with all advances in the field of recovery, Transcend maintains a thorough drug testing regimen where we test our clients at random twice a week, with all specimens sent to a lab for complete analysis. Another essential piece of our Houston sober living program is our commitment to the family surrounding the client. Our staff maintains weekly communications with all families and treatment teams, and every other month we host a Family Weekend that focuses on reestablishing healthy communication and provides support for families.
Incorporating a holistic approach to recovery, Transcend Texas provides two in-house experiential sessions for our clients each week: acupuncture meditation, mindfulness techniques, yoga, goal setting, book study, and spiritual expression. In addition to our experiential sessions, each client at our Houston sober living home is given a membership to an exclusive gym that offers a full spectrum of workout options. All of these services are part of client care and included at no additional expense.
Our Houston sober living program provides a unique and personalized recovery experience tailored to the needs of our clients, along with a level of care that encompasses the individual, their family, their past, and their future. Transcend Texas is fully dedicated to the recovery and reintegration of our clients back into a sober, purposeful and meaningful life.
We care about our clients’ recovery and well-being, and remain committed to our mission: to create the best Houston sober living experience and environment possible, by offering a level of care like no other.
Transcend Texas Sober Living Amenities:
- Located in the beautiful Houston Heights area of Houston, TX.
- Property includes full household amenities, including a pool, Jacuzzi, pool table, etc.
- Full transportation provided to appointments, work, school, IOP, and meetings.
- Chef-prepared meals every weekday, along with a fully stocked kitchen and pantry.
- Membership to exclusive, local gym within walking distance from the house.
- Restaurants, shopping, and job opportunities within walking distance.
- Wireless internet, full cable and flat screen televisions.
- 24/7 awake staff, with a client to staff ratio of 3:1.
- Twice weekly drug-testing with lab confirmations.
- Two experiential classes per week, ranging from mindfulness meditation, to acupuncture, yoga, etc.
- Dedicated Family Director with a family workshop every other month.
- Weekly goal setting and follow-up to promote accountability.
- Goal driven level system that promotes fellowship and personal growth.
- Weekly communications with client’s family and treatment teams.
- Safe and beautiful location in an excellent neighborhood.
Transcend Texas Leadership
Joni Ogle, LCSW, CSAT is the executive director of Transcend Texas. Joni has over 25 years of clinical experience, management, and leadership working with adults and young adults struggling with addiction and trauma. She is a licensed clinical social worker and certified sex addiction therapist with additional training in Recreational Therapy, Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy, and Dr. Brené Brown’s Daring Way™ shame resilience curriculum.