Mental health has suddenly become an important buzzword in recent years due to the increasing number of people who either have committed self-harm, or suicide or have come out regarding their mental illness. It's now more common than it seems. 1 in 5 Americans experiences a mental illness yearly.
Some of the options being considered nowadays for recovery are luxury rehab centers, as they resemble the pinnacle when it comes to mental health recovery. But how much do luxury rehab centers cost? Transcend Recovery Community team is here to find out and explore. Continue reading to find out more information.
Luxury Rehab Explained
Luxury rehab is entirely different from what you get from your traditional recovery centers. The added premium you are paying gets you front-row seats to beautiful vistas, high-end and resort spa-like amenities, and even bespoke services such as having your chef or butler. These comforts help the patient undergoing therapy or addiction recovery recover well
It is not just about providing a comfortable place for people to stay while they go through their recovery program. It is also about ensuring they have a great experience so that it becomes easier for them to stay motivated during their treatment.
These places can accommodate short-term and long-term stays making them a viable choice for the wealthy who wish to get only the best for their recovery period.
How Much Does Luxury Rehab Cost?
Luxury rehab facilities offer amenities that traditional facilities simply can't match. The latest luxury rehabs have state-of-the-art treatment plans to help patients recover from their addictions.
A month’s stay at a luxury rehab facility ranges from $30,000 to $100,000. This is triple the price you pay compared to a month’s stay at a traditional facility which is just between $5,000 and $20,000—but it can be partially paid through sliding scales or public assistance.
Additionally, the cost will also vary depending on their level of care and unique needs as well as the preferred luxuries they would like to have during their recovery period.
For example, if you want your private suite with a personal chef who prepares gourmet meals for you every day (and maybe even delivers them to your room), then that might cost more than just getting some basic meals brought up to your room every day by housekeeping staff members.
The cost of traditional or luxury programs, whether for substance abuse (alcohol addiction) or process addiction, is also determined by the location and their services.
Is Luxury Rehab Better Than Other Rehabs?
When you're seeking treatment for substance abuse, luxury rehab may sound like an indulgent option for anyone who is enrolled in this program. As mentioned earlier, the high price tag you would be cashing out versus a more economical and modest treatment center compensates for things like privacy, unparalleled comfort, resort-like amenities, and bespoke or individualized treatment.
However, while these may sound enticing to most people, higher cost doesn't translate to a higher quality of therapy as people respond differently to the type of treatment they are getting. Some people don't progress when they have many distractions involving too much luxury. This may resort to having luxury as a form of distraction from actual healing which is more important than anything else, especially for someone undergoing mental issues.
As such, if you are looking into this option then it is best to consult with your therapist first before making any decision as they will be able to give you an insight into whether this would work well under your circumstances or not.
What’s The Difference in Luxury Addiction Treatment?
When it comes to addiction treatment, there's no one-size-fits-all approach. The best treatment centers consider each patient's individual needs and offer a wide range of resources to ensure they get the help they need.
Higher-end treatment centers also offering sober living are often more effective than lower-end facilities because they provide an atmosphere that makes patients feel more comfortable. Patients are treated as guests, not delinquents or pariahs. They are served meals prepared by a chef and can watch television in their private quarters. The environment feels more like a retreat than a clinical setting.
Since these facilities are exclusive—and because most are located in remote locations—patients are limited in number, so each person has his or her own private space with top-of-the-line living arrangements prepared just for them.
What’s The Difference About Luxury Rehab Facilities?
The differences in luxury rehab facilities can be summed up into the following points:
- Luxury rehab facilities can offer patients a higher quality of care, with more individualized attention. They are usually far from the city or crowded areas. Therefore, the patient can get peace of mind and focus solely on recovery, especially when staying at a high-end transitional housing unit.
- While traditional rehabilitation centers have to monitor the health and progress of many patients, a luxury facility does not have to worry about this because they usually only cater to one or two high-profile clients at once.
- Their clientele is most commonly TV and movie stars, politicians, or other high-profile personalities who value security ensuring that they cannot be traced and influenced by outside factors, especially the media.
- A luxury center's staff is also far more qualified than a traditional center's staff. Most luxury rehab facilities have a stricter admission process, as highlighted by the facility's exclusivity.
- Luxury rehab facilities provide more effective treatment for their clients because they allow them to focus more easily on their well-being. A luxury facility is also able to provide better living conditions for its clients, which contributes to better overall health while they recover.
Pros & Cons of Luxury Rehabs
- 24/7 care and customized regimen focused solely on you as a patient to ensure that you get better right away.
- You get to work with the best specialists and staff in the field.
- Solo quarters ensure that you are given enough personal space, something which you don't usually get when staying at a hospital or other treatment centers.
- You get to try exciting amenities and activities provided by the center. Alternative therapies like art therapy or music therapy are some of the most common. Meanwhile, massage therapy is just a common offering of many luxury rehab centers.
Staying in a luxury rehabilitation center is not for everyone. There are many reasons why the luxurious amenities and serene setting might not be for you, including:
- A desire for more of a party scene
- A need for more structure in your recovery services
- Concern over the cost of such high-quality treatment services
- Personal preference for smaller treatment programs with less staff and better service
- A desire to spend time with friends and family during recovery
Is Luxury Rehab Centers Worth It?
We've all heard the saying "you get what you pay for". In some cases, this is true. When it comes to addiction treatment, however, it's not always the case.
Although high-end rehabilitation centers and luxury rehabs can offer a more luxurious experience than traditional outpatient drug rehab and treatment centers, it would still depend on how you respond to the treatment given. Not all treatments are the same and what worked for someone else may not necessarily work for you.
What's important is a person's discipline and motivation to get better. That is something neither a luxurious nor traditional rehab center could provide you and only you could find for yourself.
Always remember that cost shouldn't dictate whether a treatment center is better quality than others as your sobriety journey is purely a subjective and personal experience.
Are There Alternatives to Luxury Rehab Facilities?
Here are some of the alternatives to luxury rehab centers. Each specific treatment center may be of advantage to anyone who's considering admitting themselves to improve their mental health conditions, specifically for drug and alcohol rehab.
- Institutional Rehab
- A rehabilitation center is the most economical option for those seeking help for drug addiction. The setting may not be as attractive, the food may not be as good, there may not be as many amenities to take advantage of, and roommates may come and go throughout your stay.
- In institutional rehab, you will live and interact with people from different backgrounds. However, you may also be around patients who are less serious about recovery. Some patients only attend outpatient treatment because they have been court-ordered to do so, not because they are truly dedicated to getting healthy.
- Retreat-Style Center
- An alternative to the low-cost institutional facility is a retreat-style rehabilitation facility, which provides the comfort of luxury facilities but at a much lower cost. These treatment facilities offer a safe, comfortable, drug-free environment that promotes healing and recovery. Treatment can help them to overcome the symptoms of addiction, including cravings and withdrawal. Retreat-style resorts and luxury rehabs differ in the amenities they offer, with luxury facilities offering more high-end features such as private spas and poolside bars.
- Some centers cost $20,000-$40,000 per month, making them less likely to be places where clients don’t want to be. Private rooms are more likely to be available, and these centers are often just as safe and private as luxury rehab centers.
Can Transcend Recovery Community Help?
Whether you are looking for a more comfortable or affordable option for sober living on top of a reliable drug and alcohol rehab facility, Transcend Recovery Community can deliver. We understand the difficulties of someone who has once suffered drug or alcohol abuse or has succumbed to substance use disorder. Therefore, our treatment team applies empathy and compassion when dealing with patients in recovery.
We give our clients sound professional treatment advice through our affiliate partners and programs that could help them with their current mental issues or drug or alcohol addiction. If you want to learn more about what TRC can offer you more than just drug abuse or other alternative treatments, contact us right away and our mental health specialist can assist you with everything you need.